October 6: Ten Bookish Things I Want to Quit Or Have Quit (aka ten book series I think I’m going to abandon, ten bookish habits I want to quit, ten authors I quit reading, ten types of books I’m quitting, ten tropes I want to stop reading about, ten books I marked as DNF (did not finish) recently, etc. Get as creative as you want)
A photo of some of my books.
1. I need to stop buying books that I know I will just shelve for “reading later”.
I know from experience that later never gets here and there is no time like the present.
2. I need to stop buying books on a whim. The last book I bought on a whim was a classic I already had on my shelves. I tend to do that, I buy multiple copies without realizing it because I am apparently slightly crazy.
3. I need to stop browsing Barnes and Noble on my Nook because it is way too easy to purchase e-books with the click of a button. It does not matter that they are on sale, that does not mean I have to buy them.
On my shelves.
My most recent book through them was One Wish in Manhattan by Mandy Baggot.
Do you see my dilemma here?
5. One bookish thing I stopped doing was taking so many book review requests and doing so many virtual book tours and book hops. That was taking up way too much of my time and making book blogging more of a chore than anything else for me. I am so glad I stepped away from that.
6. I need to stop requesting so many books via AmazonVine. I am a happy Vine reviewer and have found great books through the program, but after my latest book requests, I am going to be very selective. Requesting books through them makes for more time constraints and pressure to read and review, which can take the fun out of reading.
My main bookcase.
7. I need to put my cell phone away and read instead on my lunch break at work. Lately I have been getting lost in my cell phone and on social media, i.e. Facebook and Instagram instead of getting my reading time in on my break.
My Nook on my lunch break.
That about sums it up for me. I don’t think I need to reach to number 10 on this list.
What about you? What are bookish things you might want to quit?
Nothing here is available for download. I took these photos myself.