November 17: Top Ten Quotes I Loved From Books I Read In The Past Year Or So
Okay, so I know it is Wednesday but I meant to post this yesterday and did not get time to finish up my list. I really like this week’s topic so, better late than never…
I love a good quote. I often share them on social media forums like Instagram, Facebook and Twitter as well as here on my blog. I find alot of great quotes over @ http://www.quotegarden.com/. Whenever I am reading a book and a quote stands out I tend to Tweet it or I will bookmark it to include with my review later.
(Botanical Gardens statues)
I could make this list top 100 bookish quotes, but here are a few of my recent favorites….
2. “Her head was full of his voice and the things that he’d said. She wanted time to just hold those things there, and cherish them.”
Letters to the Lost by Iona Grey
3. “I want to change my punctuation. I long for exclamation marks, but I’m drowning in ellipses.”
Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion
4. “I suppose doom and destiny are just two sides of the same coin.”
The Siren by Tiffany Reisz
5. “It is in misfortune that you realize your true nature.”
-Marie Antoinette (Marie Antoinette: The Journey by Antonia Fraser)
6. “She was wound up in a nameless longing, and she blamed him for her raw emotions. His presence was like a spell, his name an incantation.”
The Marriage of Opposites by Alice Hoffman
7. “I loved those charismatic and complex beings. I can’t quite call them animals; the whales are beings just as we are beings.”
Beneath the Surface by John Hargrove
8. “It is possible to lead several lives at once.
In fact, it is impossible not to.”
Hausfrau by Jill Alexander Essbaum
9. “She should submit to him in love and without fear, giving her body to him like a holy offering and making their bed an altar.”
The Saint by Tiffany Reisz
10. “The first time he kissed her, it seemed like a forgone conclusion. As though, perhaps, they were both just occupying the same space and their lips had no choice but to touch.”
This Is How I’d Love You by Hazel Woods
Those are a few of the book quotes that recently stood out while I was reading. What are some of yours?
Enjoy your week!
disclaimer: Nothing in this post is available for download. The photo is my own and is not to be removed from here.