Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
February 6: Books That Have Been On My TBR the Longest and I Still Haven’t Read
I could be here all day. I have so many books on my TBR mountain. I am notorious for holding onto books that I hope to finally read one day. It is so book hoarding. It was hard to narrow this list to just 10 books. Some in this picture aren’t mentioned below and a few are e-books.
1. Dark Lover: The First Novel of the Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward
I purchased this one at the height of the popularity for this series and now I feel like the last one left that hasn’t read it. It’ll be a paranormal romance classic by the time I get to it. Then I will have to read the rest of the books in the series so it is an endless cycle.
2. The Flame and the Flower by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss.
I just had to buy this classic and I still have yet to read it. Mind you, I had to have it. I remember having to have it on my Nook. That was at least 6 years ago.
3. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë is a classic that I never make time for. I don’t know why. I actually have two copies of this one on my shelves because I purchased a second copy when I forgot that I already had one. That means I really want to read it right?
4. Six of the Christina Lauren Beautiful series books arrived back in 2013 from the publisher and I never took the time to read them. I never requested them, but back then I was book blog reviewing on a regular basis and the book mail from the publishers was oh so yummy. I miss those days but I don’t miss the stressing out over getting all the reviews done on time. I need to read these, I think I’d enjoy them. The covers and titles are great. I feel like I need to binge read these.
5. One Hundred Years of Solitude has been on my TBR mountain for years. I have a love/hate relationship with Márquez and I purchased this one several years ago. I only read Márquez during the hot summer months. I don’t know why. I think it’s because I read Cholera and a few of this other books during the summertime on vacation.
6. Revolutionary Road by Richard Yates has been on my TBR mountain since the last film version came out in 2008. So why haven’t I read it yet? Maybe because I watched the film version already.
7. I swore up and down that I was going to read High Fidelity by Nick Hornby the same week I bought it several years ago. It has been sitting on my shelves since. Maybe I will read it for Dewey’s next 24 hour read-a-thon in April.
8. I keep meaning to read World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War by Max Brooks every Fall and I never do. Another one I bought back in 2013 when the film was released. I think seeing the film already is what has put me off to this one. I might have to donate it to the library. Brad Pitt immediately comes to mind when I look at this book.
9. I don’t know why I haven’t read Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier yet. I have both print and e-book versions and I know I will like it when I get to it.
10. I’ve had Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen on my shelves for a very long time and I never think to myself “Oh, I will read Sense and Sensibility next”. I need to get to this one.
Well, that rounds up my list. Have you read any of these? What books make your list?
disclaimer: The photos in this post are my own and are not to be removed from here.
Some of the links in the post are affiliate links. If you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small affiliate commission.