Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
This week’s TTT topic is Favorite Book Quotes.
I love a good book quote. I always highlight them on my Nook and *gasp* dog ear my favorite pages in books. There is something special about a wonderful book quote and it doesn’t have to be about anything in particular either. If a passage moves me while I am reading I feel more connected to the story. In no particular order, here are just 10 of my favorite book quotes. I could be here all day…not surprisingly most of these quotes are about love.
Top Ten Favorite Book Quotes
1. “Books are a uniquely portable magic.” ― On Writing A Memoir of the Craft by Stephen King
2.”Life has to end,” she said. “Love doesn’t.”- The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom
3. “They are what all lovers are: pieces of the same one sigh.”- Crescendo by Amy Weiss
4. “Angry, and half in love with her, and tremendously sorry, I turned away.”― The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
5. “Amputees suffer pains, cramps, itches in the leg that is no longer there. That is how she felt without him, feeling his presence where he no longer was.”― Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel García Márquez
6. “He wanted it that way, because it was love that mastered him, happiness that shackled him. She was passionate chatelaine of his body, loving mistress of his heart.”- Lord of Scoundrels by Loretta Chase
7. “And we are magic talking to itself,
noisy and alone. I am queen of all my sins
forgotten. Am I still lost?
Once I was beautiful. Now I am myself..“– From You, Doctor Martin (poetry by Anne Sexton)
8. “I believe in happy endings with all my heart.”– The Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick
9. “The greater the love, the greater the tragedy when it’s over. Those two elements always go together.”– Nights in Rodanthe by Nicholas Sparks
10. “I lived in books more than I lived anywhere else.”― The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
What are some of our favorite book quotes? Enjoy your evening, I have my fingers crossed for a snow day tomorrow.
disclaimer: Some of the links in the post are affiliate links. If you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small affiliate commission.