Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
This week’s TTT topic is “Inspirational/Thought Provoking Book Quotes”.
I love a good book quote. Memorable passages in novels tend to stop me in my tracks while I am reading. I like to re-read them before moving on. I usually highlight the quotes I like on my e-reader or *gasp* I dog ear the pages on my print copies for reference later.
I could list 100 favorites, but these are just 10 Favorite Quotes From Some of My Favorite Books
1. “He knew that when he kissed this girl, and forever wed his unutterable visions to her perishable breath, his mind would never romp again like the mind of God. So he waited, listening for a moment longer to the tuning fork that had been struck upon a star. Then he kissed her.” – The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
2. “There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something. You certainly usually find something, if you look, but it is not always quite the something you were after.”- The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien.
4. “Full circle, he thought while the lethargy crept into his limbs. Full circle. A new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever.
I am legend.” – I Am Legend by Richard Matheson
6. “It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.” –Alice Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
10. “What are men to rocks and mountains?”- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Those are some of my favorite book quotes, what are some of yours? Enjoy your week!
The photos in this post are my own and not to be removed from here.