The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came in their mailbox during the last week. Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists…Hi everyone, I hope this post finds you well! I fell off the blogging grid for about a month. Funny enough I logged in twice the past few weeks to work on this post hoping to publish it, but then kept saving it as a draft until this morning, hence all the updates and pics I’ve shoved into this post lol.
Between work and the holidays and just life in general it’s been a hectic month. We drove out 2 Saturdays ago into Pennsylvania to visit my FIL which is about a 4-hour drive roundtrip, so it turns into a full day thing. Then my dental issues kept plaguing me and I needed a bridge done this time, which the dentist finished up last week, thank goodness that’s over. My dentist told me I narrowly avoided needed a minor gum surgery so I’m grateful it didn’t turn into that. AND Otis and I both celebrated birthdays this month as well. 🙂 We’re both fiery Sagittarius’s.
Today for Christmas Eve we’ve got some freezing temps here it’s 5 degrees and very windy. I took off work yesterday and I baked my yearly 5 dozen sugar cookies and made eggnog. This is the sugar cookie recipe I use and they’re always a hit. I pack some up for gift giving then the rest get gobbled up here at home.
This is the eggnog I make using this recipe. It’s very coconutty and there’s no egg, it’s mainly rum and coconut.
Onto my weekly updates….
recently on the blog:
Nothing! Because hiatus. But I will be sharing my thoughts on The Soulmate by Sally Hepworth soon.
in my mailbox:
Vampires and Villains by Elizabeth Pantley arrived for a January review. I read the first book in this series so I’m looking forward to this one.
Santa Cruise by Fern Michaels just in time for holiday reading.
I’ve been watching this season of Sister Wives, which has been pretty crazy and am watching the tell-all also. I’ve been watching this show since the beginning. Do you watch this one? Kody’s pretty much ended up with just one wife now, his favorite one so hmpfh.
Also of note, I watched 1899 on Netflix and it was really good. It’s interesting because the characters are speaking to each other in different languages which makes the whole thing even more mysterious and impressive.
And I watched these Christmas movies over the past few weeks. These were all new to me.
* Mistletoe in Montana– This was really cute and set on a gorgeous ranch. A single dad comes to spend Christmas with his kids at the ranch and starts to fall for the owner.
* A Christmas Wish: This was nice, set in a small town with a friends turned lovers theme. The two main characters are the same actors from Christmas on the Bayou, I think they work well together.
* Lonestar Christmas– This one made me cringe. Insta-love, single clingy mom cringe alert. If this was real life I think her love interest would have blocked her number.
* Snowed Inn Christmas– This one was so cute, it’s a new favorite that I would definitely re-watch. Two journalists and semi-rivals at work are traveling from NYC and end up stranded at the coziest historic Inn ever in Santa Claus, Indiana and start to fall in love while trying to figure out a way to save the Inn. There’s humor, romance and a cozy setting. Yes please!
* A Christmas in Tennessee– This was cute and it stars the same leading guy from Snowed Inn Christmas.
I’ve been non-stop Christmas crocheting. This is a Christmas tree skirt for my parents. I used this pattern.
I made 2 set of Christmas trees as gifts. This is one set here. I used cones from the craft store and little bell garlands that jingle and just winged it I didn’t follow a pattern.
I also made a Grinch using this pattern. He reminds me of a Squishmallow. This one I kept for us. I actually made this on my birthday weekend. I gave myself the gift of crocheting all day, binge-watching Christmas movies and hubby took care of breakfast, lunch and dinner.
That wraps up my updates for now, happy holidays! Otis says Merry Christmas! What are your holiday plans? What are you reading/watching? Let me know in the comments. I’ll be cooking Christmas Eve dinner today but I’m slowly but surely catching up on my blog hopping. I’ve missed reading everyone’s posts. Thanks for stopping by. 🙂
Disclaimer: Nothing in this post is available for download. The photos here are my own and not be to be removed from this post.