Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
This week’s TTT topic is Favorite Bookmarks.
I have a confession to make. I sometimes dog-ear my books. I know. For shame. But not as much as I used to. I use bookmarks more often than not. Some are actual bookmarks, most are impromptu bookmarks such as paperclips, receipts and photographs because I lose and misplace my bookmarks easily. That is what I like about my e-reader, highlighting and bookmarking is so convenient.
Here is a list of things I like to use as bookmarks:
1. Actual bookmarks. My very faded and well worn old Gone With the Wind bookmark is a favorite.
2. Paperclips. I try not to do this though because they will tear the page easily.
3. Postcards. I have several postcards that I have collected and use as bookmarks.
4. Bookmarks that I crochet myself. These are easy to make and I enjoy whipping them up.
5. Invoices. When I receive a hard copy of a review book from a publisher or an author I will keep the invoice or the letter that accompanies the review book to use as a bookmark for that particular book. This is easy reference for my review when keeping track of when the book arrived, who sent it etc.
6. Dog-eared pages. I am sorry. I will say I don’t do this as often as I used to though.
7. Post-its. Folded ones, so not to rip the page by mistake when I am taking it off.
8. Photographs. I use my own pictures most of all for bookmarks. Mainly ones of my kids.
9. Greeting cards. I have used these as bookmarks in the past.
10. Receipts and coupons. I do this all the time. I will stick a coupon in my current read for using later.
What about you? What are your favorite bookmarks or items to use as bookmarks? Enjoy your day and happy reading!
The photos here are my own and not to be removed from this post.